Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Fun



We had a VERY busy week last week, so I'm just getting around to posting our Valentine treats that we made for Tuck's classmates and teachers at Mother's Day Out.

I found this idea somewhere on the internet, but I can't remember where to link back to it. I found these shovels at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents with 30% off. Using a white paint pen, I wrote "i dig you" on the front and "happy v-day love tucker" on the back. I completed them with a bag of mini M&Ms, and they were a hit.

I also found another idea for his teachers' gifts from another blog. (I again forgot where, so I'll try and find it and link back to it later.) These were so inexpensive to make! I bought a box of fortune cookies at Wal-Mart for less than $2. There were 13 cookies in the box. I had some white almond bark left from Christmas, so I melted it and added a few drops of pink food coloring. I dipped each cookie into the chocolate and set it aside to harden. I put them in boxes that I found very cheap at Hobby Lobby, and added a tag that read (We are so fortunate to have you as a teacher! Love, Tucker and family. Viola! So easy and cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment