Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day Goop Bag

Well this was supposed to be posted last night, but the OKC Thunder game was just too exciting! I had made these bags before when I was introduced to them while working on my teaching degree as well as in my years in the classroom. We would use them as a fun way to practice writing letters and words. A non-cooking method for the classrooms that I often used involves putting hairgel in a ziplock bag before adding glitter. I was reminded of the fun when reading this blog. Since we were at home, I opted for the true goop. Tuck kept saying "Tis is so cool!"

Supplies needed: cornstarch, water, sugar, and plastic bag with a large circle drawn on it.

In a large pot, mix 1 cup of cornstarch with 4 cups of water and 1/3 cup sugar. Stir over low/medium heat until the mixture thickens into goop. I then added it to two bowls before adding a few drops of blue and green food coloring.



Tuck and daddy mixed the goop with the food coloring. We then added the goop to the bag and squished away!



Note: In the classroom, I always taped the seal of the bag with clear packing tape so little fingers couldn't open the bag spilling the contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment